On Thursday March 08 17:13, Garret Acott wrote:
> I am using a php program and unless I feel like rewriting it, it would be
> very hard to reference another Ibay. Where as with .htaccess I can just
> protect the sub-directory. The sub-directory contains customer info I would
> like to protect :-) Not card numbers or anything like that, but enough that
> I would like to keep prying eyes from. The same of course goes with password
> protecting the ibay. I want people to be able to get to the ibay, but
> specifically NOT THAT sub-directory.

Garret,

have a look at  the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file. Search for the section
<directory your_ibay_path></directory>. Inside you will find the directive
'AllowOverride None', which means that .htaccess files are to be ignored. Set
it to an appropriate value: All, AuthConfig etc. 'All' will work for everything.
On a standard Linux box you could directly change this file. On a e-smith it is
recommended
to create a custom template. Otherwise your modification will be lost, when the
httpd.conf
is recreated by an event.

Hope that helps.

Michael