England is the worst privacy violator in the world... China perhaps, who knows.
"The government's RIP Act, enacted in July, gives law enforcers power to
intercept communications via devices to be installed at ISPs and to imprison
those who fail to hand over the keys to encrypted messages. The government also
decided Tuesday to allow employers to spy on the Internet activities of staff
without their consent.
http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/10/04/britain.snoop.reut/index.html

At least they won't collect the following on their webpages
Information defined under the Data protection Act, 1998 as "Sensitive Personal
Data" is as follows:

Information as to the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject;
Their religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature;
Their political opinions;
Whether they are a member of a Trade Union;
Their physical or mental health or condition;
Their sexual life;
The commission or alleged commission by them of any offence, or
Any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by
them, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such
proceedings."