> Would you mind writing notes on _exactly_ what you did to change
> this setting
> so we can get it up as a FAQ item before 4.1 goes out.
>
> Basically, which menus and menu items did you need to select to
> change this.
Thats not easy because of different menu naming but will try:

Problem:
International characters in email HEADERS send with Outlook2000 German edition are not
displayed correctly since e-smith 4.1beta4 (when was the change exactly to obtuse-...)

German Outlook2000:
Pull-down menu way : "Extras" --> "Optionen" --> "E-Mail Format" --> "Internationale
Optionen" -->
"Codierung fuer ausgehende Nachrichten" = "Unicode (UTF-8)"
"Codierung fuer nicht gekennzeichnete erhaltene Nachrichten" = "Unicode (UTF-8)"

I don't know the English menu names, a "free" translation may be:
"Extras" --> "Options" --> "E-mail format" --> "International options" -->
"Codepage for outgoing emails" = "Unicode (UTF-8)" was "WesternEurope (ISO)"
"Codepage for incomming emails without codepage description" = "Unicode (UTF-8)" was
"WesternEurope (ISO)"

I don't even know if there is an menu about "International Options" but really welcome
to generate a FAQ about such problems. I thought shortly before about a weblist which
sorts usefull things under one topic from the dev-info and the other links in a
searchable FAQ list :-)  It will save a lot of knowledge.

Michael Jung