Frank Carver wrote:
> What software do people use to burn an ISO image into a bootable CD,
> and how do you do it? The "Easy CD Creator" software which came with
> the CD-writer I use only seems able to put the image on the disk as a
> file - definately not bootable or usable. For a CD image it seems to
> require a format called CIF, which the supplied ISO image is not
> compatible with, even if I change the file extension.
Easy CD Creator generally isn't and won't. At least not for this
purpose.
I never found a suitable Windows tool, and wasn't particularly worried
about it, because I like using Linux cdrecord.

See http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

> The e-smith documentation and FAQs all imply this is a trivial step,
> but it's a big roadblock to me.  All help appreciated, thanks.
I think it is trivial, but I'm mostly just recycling the same
basic command line.

Brad