> [...]
> Agreed. For the case of .*.swp, that indicates someone is editing a
> template file with vi (or they were and the editor crashed). Should we even
> build the template in this case?

Hmm, in the fullness of time, I'd like to warn if templates under
/etc/e-smith/templates have been modified - they shouldn't
be. Checking this is somewhat expensive to do during template
expansion :-)

While examining each fragment in /etc/e-smith/templates:
    Is this file owned by an RPM?
        Yes - warn if modified
        No  - ignore and warn

> Also add
>
>     *.bak
>
> to the list.

And while we're at it, RCS/, CVS/ and SCCS/ in case anyone puts their
templates-custom under version control.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)