You have to set your time zone first, then change your settings to use NTP.  I ran
into this the hard way as well.  As soon as I set my time zone, let the changes take
effect, then change to NTP, everything starts working correctly.

Maybe the time zone setting could be moved to a separate panel that needs to be set
whether you are using the pc clock or NTP.

HTH,

JB

>>> "Rob Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/07/01 06:40PM >>>
The E-smith manager is telling me the time is...

Wednesday March 7 2001, 7:38:39 PM Australia/Darwin

Where is is (by my watch) March 8 2001, 10:08:39 AM Australia/Darwin

ACST is UTC + 9.5 I cant make this fit with reality.

I am using ntp from time.esec.com.au I get the feeling I have a timezone
problem here.

Rob.

--
This list is archived