Gordon,

I am referring to 4.1.  In the date and time panel,  you have the warning that says if
you are using NTP, then don't set the date and time...  I initially took that as don't
change anything in the upper portion of the panel if using NTP.  That was my reason
for wanting to separate the timezone setting into a separate panel.  But, now that I
know what's going on, I don't have any issues with it.

JB

>>> Gordon Rowell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/07/01 06:56PM >>>
On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 06:54:04PM -0600, John Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> You have to set your time zone first, then change your settings to
> use NTP.  I ran into this the hard way as well.  As soon as I set my
> time zone, let the changes take effect, then change to NTP, everything
> starts working correctly.

Yep.

> Maybe the time zone setting could be moved to a separate panel that
> needs to be set whether you are using the pc clock or NTP.

We unified the NTP and Date/Time panels in 4.1 :-) I don't see that they
need to be different panels, but there may be text/logic changes which
could make this more obvious.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)

--
This list is archived