Jaime Nebrera wrote:
>   I have just installed a stock 4.0.12-r56 on a brand new
> test computer.

First, why aren't you using 4.1.1?

>   The exact configuration needed for this problem is:
>
>         AOpen MX3S motherboard
>         2 Seagate UDMA-100 20 GB Hard Disks
>
>   Ok, the board supports ATA 100 and so do the disks. I am
> being told the HD
> are exactly the same. One HD is installed as the primary of
> the first IDE
> channel and the second is the primary of the second IDE channel.

Second, the MX3S ships with a standard 40pin ide cable and a
80pin ide cable.  The 40pin cable supports ATA-33.  The 80pin
cable supports ATA-66/100 so you should be putting both hard
drives on the primary channel using the 80pin cable.

Also you should not mix devices of different speeds on the same
channel.  If you have an ide CD-ROM or ide tape drive they
should be on a separate channel from your hard drive(s).

Regards,

Darrell