Justin Funke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> RAV didn't have much on their site that helped but I will keep you
> posted if anything turns up.

What are you guys going to do without me...

First, I felt compelled to help as I may be the only one with the answer.

RAV is a commercial product.  It includes a 60 day evaluation period.
During that time countdown, every day, the overnight virus update cron
process sends an e-mail to the administrator from RAV saying you have
59,58,57,56... days remaining.  During this evaluation countdown your
choices are to purchase a valid RAV license, uninstall RAV, or simply
reinstall the eval, which will again, begin the countdown for 60 days.

When you download RAV there are three files.  The RPM, a README and
INSTALL document.  Reading those documents will tell you exactly what the
RAV installation does.  Every file installed and changed is listed in the
README doc.  To uninstall you simply reverse the install procedure.  You
must pay special attention to the "/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue" file and
restore the original.  This is documented in the INSTALL doc.

If you are using an older version of RAV, before the current
ravqmail-8.2-1.i386.rpm, and you let RAV timeout after 60 days of use, it
will bounce all mail.  The new version does not do this, it simply does
not 'scan' mail but continues to allow the mail to be processed.

RAV support is excellent and even during the eval period support is
provided by simply e-mailing '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'.

For those evaluating RAV, please upgrade to the current release.  If you
wish to purchase a valid license, please contact me directly.

I hope this helps.

Darrell May
DMC NETSOURCED.COM
9912 Lougheed Highway, Burnaby, BC, Canada V3J 1N3
Phone: 1 604 420-1362 * Tollfree: 1 800 520-1362 * Fax: 1 604 552-8833
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://netsourced.com