I want to store Macintosh applications on e-smith.  However, when I try to
copy Mac applications to e-smith using netatalk I get file -50 errors. I am
guessing there is no hfs support in the standard setup to preserve the
resource fork. If not, I am hoping to mix file systems in e-smith.

To try to understand how to serve hfs applications I have tried the
following:

1. Attached hfs formatted IDE drive (taken from iMac) as slave to e-smith.
dmesg shows e-smith recognizes the drive as hdb.

2. mount -t hfs -o afpd /dev/hdb /home/e-smith/files/primary/files/temp
#mounts the volume without complaint, also successfully used 'hdb5' which I
think maps to Where_have_all_my_files_gone? with same result.

3. ls -l temp # shows 5 files (Desktop DB, Desktop DF, Finder, System,
Where_have_all_my_files_gone?) with only the first and last files showing a
size greater than 0. Directories don't show. Browsing from Chooser via
netatalk gives same result.

4. I did not see hfs.o as one of the modules so I tried.

modprobe -dn /pathtomodules/hfs.o #can't locate the module even though I can
see it.

I suspect I need Macintosh partition table support.

How do I add module support using the included hfs.o file in e-smith without
using a compiler and kernel-sources?

Any guidance from the list would be appreciated.