Well there is certainly an issue.  I just got a brand new G4 with OSX
installed and it connect and copy files to and fro no problem but it
seems that if you copy an application that happens to be a directory you
will get errors.  (I used TextEdit as a test)  I saw there were similar
problems with the Samba port to OSX.  I do not know if they are related
or what version of Mac your running.

--
Daniel C. Slagle