Hi Michael.  Try this:
"If the IMAP server detects an external change to the mailbox
the list of message UIDs becomes invalid.  With some clients simply
reopening the IMAP folders will fix the problem, with others,
deleting the .uidvalidity file will solve the problem." - Paul Nesbit

This file is in your home or mail directory.

Quoting Michael Doerner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi,
>
> recently I reinstalled E-smith 4.1.2 on our server after a full tape
> backup
> before. I then installed 4.1.2 fresh and restored from that Backup tape
> which appeared to work fine (first time that I really tried it!).
>
> It might be coincidental that I now start having problems with imap
> access
> to the mail server. Before I mainly used pop3 for the daily work and
> only
> played a bit with imap/webmail.
>
> The clients where I am testing with are Outlook 2000 and Outlook
> Express.
> Outlook will quite often (sorry, don't know exactly at which stage or
> for
> which mail) come up with the following error message:
>
> Your server has reported a UID which does not comply with the IMAP
> standards. This typically indicates a server bug. Your program may not
> function properly after this.
> MsgSeqNum 925, New UID 996491787, Prev UID 996518607, Next UID 0.
>
> And it is not functioning properly after that ...
>
> Outlook Express doesn't give that sort of error message. Instead you
> can't
> open/read the mail. Sometimes it helps to resynchronise (a feature that
> Outlook doesn't have at all?) and than you can read the mail but that's
> all
> not OK.
>
> I have searched the net for this error message and found some
> references
> mainly for an IMAP server under PMDF version 5.2-31 (what's that?) but
> nothing that would help me.
>
> Any help here?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael Doerner
>

> --
> Please report bugs to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Please mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] (only) to discuss security issues
> Support for registered customers and partners to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Archives by mail and
> http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org

Graeme Robinson Graenet consulting
http://www.graenet.com