> What client are you using?

Outlook 2000 / Outlook Express latest versions.

> We have experienced this problem for almost a year now.

Does that mean it happens regularly for you (and maybe others?) ?

> Our solution is to mv all the messages to a new folder (Command line mv)
> and
> then re-sync your mail client.  Then on the command line move the messages
> back and re-sync the client again.   This causes it to rebuild it;'s

It looks to me that I can force it to rebuild it's index also by deleting
the .uidvalidity file but then with one of the next incoming mails, the
problem is there again.

At this stage, I am very frustrated because I just started to use
imap/procmail as a very nice combination plus using webmail when on the road
and an Outlook client at the office (That's just the typical combination for
most of our clients).

As part of my testing, I even tried to setup a new user account ('michaeld'
rather than the old account 'michael') and auto forwarded all of michael's
incoming mails to michaeld ... but even that ended with the same
problems/errors....

Anyway, thanks to all of you who tried to help with your experiences and
tips.
At the moment I switched back to pop3 to manage my mails and I will try to
discuss that now with E-smith's support.

Regards,
Michael Doerner