So, no worries there if you just want to run SME5 w/o ServiceLink. The
logical follow-up question is: What if you want support for SME5 w/o
ServiceLink -- is this still an option, or is SME5 "Base" a use at your own
risk offering?

> > 2) Is the client portion of ServiceLink GPL or commercial?
>
> There's a single perl module that's bundled but not GPL'd,
> which is used
> as a hook to download the other parts.

Logical, considering the nature of the beast and the reply to #1. To equate
this: I can run Linux without running Oracle. If I choose to run Oracle
Applications, I can purchase that service from them and at that time load
the software on my Linux system. If I choose to stop paying, the service
goes away and I _should_ remove the relevant software from my system. Is
that about right?

> Getting our hands
> > on the SME5 production release should help considerably ;-)
>
> Yes, we're looking forward to being able to give it to you :)

"Give"?

;-)

Scott