On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 02:19:30AM -0400, Mathieu Paonessa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> [...]
> That's not 100% true Gordon.

Many thanks for the clarification.

> The ECI USB ADSL modem is not supported under Linux for the moment so it
> will not work under e-smith.
> Concerning the Alcatel Speed Touch USB modem you've mentionned above, it
> seems to work with e-smith since some french users have it (that s what I
> saw in alt.e-smith.fr).
> One of them (Vincent Bazimon), even made a how to for its installation under
> e-smith but this how to is in french (but quite easy to understand I think).

For those who need it:

    http://www.bazimon.com/speedtouch.html

But, from reading that page, it is still not supported "as standard".

> I hope this will help e-smith users who have problems with their USB ADSL
> modems.

I hope so too.

Thanks,

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  VP Engineering