Here is a simple script I found for monitoring changes to a RAID array.
Checks every 15 minutes (user defined) and e-mails the root user if any
change occurs.

http://myezserver.com/docs/mitel/raid-monitor-howto.html

Anyone with a RAID array on a test server want to give this a try?  If I
understand this correctly it should work with any array, either IDE,SCSI
or H/W,S/W.  For a 'real' test, perform the HowTo steps, then power down,
disconnect a drive, power up and you should get a report e-mailed 15
minutes later.  Next power down, reconnect the drive, power up, issue the
correct 'raidhotadd /dev/mdX /dev/sdX' command to rebuild and every 15
minutes you should get a message showing the rebuild progress
until /proc/mdstat returns to it's original state.  Again, this is all if
I understand this correctly.  No RAID system to test myself at the moment.

Comments/suggestions welcomed :)

--
Darrell May
DMC NETSOURCED.COM