Darrell,

as the existing SME is the gateway for the entire office, I would prefer to
not take it off-line, but you do make a lot of sense. It will mean I can
test only out of hours though, and my wife is not going to be happy.

I think the easiest option may be to remove the initial test envoronment
from the loop altogether, but that makes updating blades / RPMs difficult,
as it becomes a copy to floppy exercise.

OR is this possible??

Internet

SME v5

  LAN    (existing down to here)
       |    (test setup below)
3 card freesco router
   |             |
SME1     SME2
LAN       LAN

I'll give it a go and see .....

Hugh Fox
Sales Director
www.drcauto.com

drcauto now hosts support newsgroups:
The same groups are accessible via your browser, go to:
http://discussion.drcauto.com