Here's my fragment again. Verify that there is a "{" at the beginning and a
"}" at the end of the fragment. My email client seems to hack them out for
some reason:

{
# Set the home directory of a Win95/98/ME and NT/2000/XP Client
# %L substitutes for this logon servers name
# %N substitutes for this servers netbios name
# %U is username

    return unless ($SambaDomainMaster eq "yes");

    '    logon home = \\%L\%U';
}

When you expand the fragment, you should see the parameter

logon home = \\%L\%U in your smb.conf file.

Greg