Gordon, et al,

At 13:39 16/11/2001, Gordon Rowell wrote:
>Very simple one right now - as requested:

I can join the domain successfully with my Win 2K (SP2) box. However, it
doesn't seem to even attempt to execute netlogon.bat. I renamed my own file
and used the basic one Gordon posted, with the same result (or lack thereof!).

When I try "net use h: /home" from the command line, I get the message:

"The user's home directory has not been specified."

 From all the reading I've done, my understanding is that connecting to the
domain should provide access to the various bits of smb.conf, including the
"logon script" directive and that this should execute at logon without
having to do any of the advanced user options in Control Panel.

If anyone who is more familiar with domain access and settings would care
to jump in, I'd appreciate it. Right now, the Samba code in the alpha, with
Gordon's updates, looks really solid except for this issue.

Thanks,

Des