I am having a little trouble wrapping my mind around IPSEC and
particulalry DNS once IPSEC is up.

If I connect network A to network B using IPSEC , we would presumably
like to be able to reach  machines on B from machines on A  using their
internal network names. Presumably the DNS server on B holds these
internal names , e.g. 1stfloorprinter.internal.net <==> 192.168.1.23.
 How does a workstaion on network A resolve  an internal name on B? I
assume that we only want to use B's DNS server to resolve names internal
to B, so there must be some mechanism to send those queries to DNS on B,
and all other queries out to the Internet.

Thanks,
John Lederer