Gordon,

At 02:07 28/11/2001, Gordon Rowell wrote:
>     - Whether we need to use a separate [profiles] share

I've tested this as follows:

1. Upgraded my box to 5.1 Beta1 and applied your latest Samba contrib.
2. Edited the 61Profilesshare template and uncommented the various lines
(note: the closing brace is in the wrong place - the template won't expand
correctly. I moved it to before the [Profiles] line.)
3. Edited 11logonPath so that it produces \\%N\Profiles\%U
4. Expanded templates, restarted samba.

When I logon as a test user, I get an error that it can't write the profile
to \\agatha\Profiles\test4.pds. I logged in as admin, and was able to
create a profile there. It would appear that the directory permissions are
incorrect:

[root@agatha /root]# ls -l /home/e-smith/files/samba
total 8
drwxrwsr-x    7 admin    admin        4096 Nov 28 01:42 printers
drwxrwsr-x    3 admin    admin        4096 Nov 28 21:12 profiles

Sticky bits have always eluded me somewhat. Can someone explain what the
one above is for?

I've left this for the moment, rather than making the profiles directory
world writable.

One other thing which I'd like to check is how the netlogon.bat is
executing, but it's running minimized. Can anyone confirm if changing the
_DEFAULT PIF file appropriately will affect this?

Thanks,

Des