Darrell,

A few comments/suggestions:

> samba-2.2.2-1.i386.rpm
> samba-client-2.2.2-1.i386.rpm
> samba-common-2.2.2-1.i386.rpm
> samba-swat-2.2.2-1.i386.rpm
Is it required by e-smith/SME 5.0 for samba to be broken up like this.  The
single RPM that I installed on my machine contained all samba daemons and
utilities.

If Samba is to be broken up into four pieces, do we need to be installing
samba-swat-2.2.2-1.i386.rpm?  We certainly don't want people to even try to
use SWAT as this would make a real mess of the smb.conf file.  I'm not sure
it's even possible to access SWAT on an e-smith machine.

Following are suggestions to your fragments.  Specifically, I've
incorporated perl code into fragments that need only be used in PDC mode.
If Domain Master is set to yes in the server manager, then these fragments
will be incorporated into the smb.conf, otherwise they are left out (text
between <> is a note that I've input and should not be included in the
fragment).

25rovingProfilesComment:

<start fragment>
{

  #For local profiles, comment out the $rovingProfiles line by placing a #
in front of it
  $rovingProfiles = 1;
  $OUT .= "";

  if (defined $SambaDomainMaster && $SambaDomainMaster eq "yes" &&
!$rovingProfiles)
  {
#  Use Local Profiles For All Users

     $OUT .= "# [25rovingProfilesComent] \n logon path  = \n logon home  =
\n";
  }

  elsif (defined $SambaDomainMaster && $SambaDomainMaster eq "yes" &&
$rovingProfiles)
  {
#  Where to store roving profiles
#  %L substitutes for this logon servers name
#  %N substitutes for this server netbios name
#  %U is username
#  WinNT/Win2K uses logon path
#  Win9x users logo home

     $OUT .= "# [25rovingProfilesComent]\n logon path  =
\\\\\%L\\Profiles\\\%U \n  logon home  = \\\\\%N\\\%U\\.profiles  \n";
  }
}
<end fragment>

12domainadmingroup:
<start fragement>
{
# This parameter is intended as a temporary solution to enable
# users to be a member of the "Windows Domain Admins" group when
# a Samba host is acting as a PDC.  A complete solution will be
# provided by a system for mapping Windows NT/2000 groups into
# Unix groups.  Please note that this parameter has a somewhat
# confusing name.  It accepts a list of usernames and of group
# names in standard smb.conf notation

  $OUT .= "";

  if (defined $SambaDomainMaster && $SambaDomainMaster eq "yes")
  {

     $OUT .= "# [20domainadmingroup] \n domain admin group = \@shared
\@admin root admin Administrator \n";

  }
}
<end fragement>

12adduser:
<start fragement>
{
# Added for correct Windows user account set up
# Updated script used (dmc-machine-account-create)

  $OUT .= "";

  if (defined $SambaDomainMaster && $SambaDomainMaster eq "yes")
  {

     $OUT .= "# [12adduser] \n adduserscript = /sbin/e-smith/db accounts set
%u machine ; \ /etc/e-smith/events/actions/dmc-machine-account %u \n";

  }
}
<end fragement>

I've tested these on my end and they seem to work good.

Regards,

Greg J. Zartman