On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 09:41:24PM -0800, Tom Carroll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Are we still using the e-smith-{package-name}-{version}.{release}.{arch}.rpm
> format for naming RPM's, or should it be changed to something like
> mitel-sme-{package-name}-{version}.{release}.{arch}.rpm

You are free to use anything you like. There is no problem with calling
your RPM 'tomcarroll-1.3.0-01.noarch.rpm' if you so desire.

We would prefer that you didn't name your packages 'mitel-' as that should
really be considered our (Mitel's) namespace.

For example, Darrell uses 'dmc-mitel', which makes it clear that it is
created by DMC for a Mitel product. You might like to consider a similar
naming scheme (carroll-mitel-...)

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  VP Engineering