Quoting Darrell May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> My earlier post, which included a snippet from the maillog, proves that
> the default implementation of IMP does process through smtp and the
> smtpd_check_rules.

    It proves no such thing.  IMP 2.x is incapable of using SMTP to send
mail--it just uses the sendmail binary/wrapper (which may itself use
smtp, but that's a separate issue).  IMP 3.0 can use SMTP, but at least
in my implementation, doesn't.

--
Dan Brown, KE6MKS, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Since all the world is but a story, it were well for thee to buy the