On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 11:33, Darrell May wrote:

> "little bark, BIG BYTE!!" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > What are your thoughts on using SME as a starting place for the system
> > (web host) I'm speaking about?
>
> IMO, I would not recommended SME due to the single qmail community, lack of
> built-in administration system supporting separate domain admins, and the
> template system which makes installing the available domain admin/ISP
> solution addons difficult.

These are the same problems I see right away, but there are open source
solutions for at least most of these I believe.

> There are a lot of better solutions out there, running the range from
> ready-to-go hosted offerings to turnkey ISP servers from all the major
> vendors.

Ahh, the problem with this is that I am trying to build something for
the man who desn't have the $ to pay. I would like to come up with  a
system for Joe homeowner. You are right, there are plenty of solutions
out there, and all are very expensive. Is there one I've over looked?

Garret