le 28/03/2002, à 01:05,

> Has anyone looked at incorporating either big brother or big sister

> http://bigsister.graeff.com/ into SME?

> Big Brother/Sister, Netsaint or some other similar product would be
> GREAT!  I volunteer to help test any install and frankly,
if required,
> would help to underwrite the costs to build an SME rpm.
as i already told jeff ..

The rpm is not necessary : just a template in the httpd.conf,
and install the packages required (netsaint,
nestaint-plugins...), correct the links in ... ok for a rpm
(at least for the initial configuration).
A bit more work for bigbrother but nothing tremendous.
Btw i corrected the problem with the GD lib on my box but i have to
admit it's not very "elegant" (not at all indeed). if someone has a
clean method, i'm interested.
Anyway an aggressive monitoring package like netsaint (or
bigbrother or bigsister) is maybe not welcome on an sme box.
IMHO, you should have another machine on your network. Furthermore
there is no need to integration with the sme software : no need to have
the database users or groups, and the configuration is not really
trivial : you'll have to spend time with vi...
Integrating the telemetry environment would make more sense, from the
sme point of view : web, click and go.

As soon as i ave the right method for gd, i write a howto.

I think this template is good : correct me if I'm wrong.

###########################
#          netsaint       #
###########################
  Alias /netsaint /usr/share/netsaint
<Directory /usr/share/netsaint>
RequireSSL on
Options -Indexes
AllowOverride None
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
AuthName "Netsaint User"
AuthType Basic
AuthExternal pwauth
require user admin
Satisfy all
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/share/netsaint/cgi-bin>
    AllowOverride all
    DirectoryIndex netsaint
    Options ExecCGI
</Directory>
 <IfModule mod_perl.c>
    PerlModule Apache::Registry
    KeepAlive Off

Alias /netsaint/cgi-bin /usr/share/netsaint/cgi-bin

<Location /netsaint/cgi-bin>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    Options ExecCGI
    allow from all
    PerlSendHeader On
    DirectoryIndex netsaint
</Location>
</Ifmodule>

bye
--
 rodolphe                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]