> > > BTW: The ability to add "LocalNetworks" on the external interface
> > > will disappear in a later version. It's a misfeature.
> > I find it very useful in allowing remote management via SSH from
selected
> > addresses. I know I could use PPTP instead, but I like the way it allows
> > external workstations to access FTP, SSH etc.
> Sure, but they are not "local" networks, and should not be treated as
> such. I agree that it would be nice to selectively allow some remote
> networks/hosts access to certain services.

Perhaps the "ideal" solution is to remove "local" network support from a
default install, and the allow installing it from a blade?

For my money, VPN'ing in seems to be more secure, particularly if the user
manager screen had a flag that can be used to turn on/off VPN access. (Yes,
I know you can do it from the command line, but the point is that it's by
default enabled for *everyone*... not really a good idea...)