Gordon Rowell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 03:20:56AM -0000, Darrell May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > [...]
> > Everything is possible ;-)
> >
> > It is all a matter of creating a custom smtpd_check_rules template fragment.
> > So you need to know the SME template system, you need to learn
> > smtpd_check_rules, then implent and test your custom template fragment.
>
> This still opens you to being a relay. If I know you have dmay@yoursite,
> I can send mail as dmay@yoursite to anyone in the world courtesy of
> your mail server.

That assumes the custom rule is based on the from address.  As you point
out, that should be avoided, if possible.  Best to use the source address
just as it is done currently but by using a custom rule you can add an
address only for smtp.  If you use the Local networks panel this adds the
address to all services and you may not want this.

I wonder if you can combine a rule whereby you use the source and from in
the same rule?

Maybe you have a better solution to offer?

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com