On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Jon Blakely wrote:

> I started looking at just upgrading first but found that because I changed
> the client authentication method from plaintext, which had the users
> password visible in plaintext in the user.xml file, to zero knowledge
> authentication, an authentication system where the credentials are never
> stored on the server or transferred over the wire, but the server is still
> able to validate the credentials of the client, users were not able to log
> back into the jabber server.

This is an indication that you need to add something to the %pre or %post
script of your new RPM so that it removes or migrates any existing
configuration data. Perhaps someone can identify exactly what the problem
is if you do an upgrade from the old RPM to the new, and give you feedback
so that you can make the upgrade reliable.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175