I have recently got my email automatically forwarding to my cell phone.
As well I have added some hacks to let the user enter in the email
address to forward to.   The following is what I installed for the SMS
part of it.

http://adamspiers.org/computing/email2sms/

Some questions that I am looking for some suggestions about the
"E-Smith" way of doing things.

1) I put the users email forwarding address as a entry in the userpanel.
Would it be wise to stick the PCS address to forward to in the password
file or is there a database stored somewhere for each user that I can
read?

2) There were quite a few files I had to add etc.  Would it be wise to
get the people to install themselves or build an RPM?

3) Besides working on ALPHA testing, whats the next step to get this
work back to the users that use E-Smith?   Should I waiste any time
packaging it or is there some kind of automagic packager that E-Smith
has?

Thanks.