On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Greg J. Zartman wrote:

> > The 2.4 kernel lacks specific masquerading modules for a number of protocols.
> > Some applications which use these protocols to traverse a gateway may fail
> > where they work in version 5.5. If you notice any such changes, please
> > let us know(2).
>
> Do solutions for these modules exists and you folks simply didn't have
> time to implement them?

They don't exist(*), as I'm sure we've discussed here before. See under
the Cons section of:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/kernel-2.4.x-requirements.html

(*) H323 does now exist, but it may not be stable and requires complex
kernel modifications (essentially replacement of netfilter NAT support)
and we don't currently have time to implement them.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175