> Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> For releases, see http://www.e-smith.org/bugs.php3 for a list
> of known bugs with workarounds.
>
> For alpha/beta releases, please report *all* bugs found to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Okay, I have to toss in my 0.02 monetary units here (which is not much if
you happen to hail from Turkey!)

Since Mitel are keeping a list of "issues" -- let's call them that since
they are not really bugs, or at least not if you subscribe to the theory
that bugs only appear in released software -- then why not publish that list
on a periodic basis to the devinfo list? Maybe daily, maybe less frequently.
But if a reasonably current list of reported issues were published, then the
developers who supposedly subscribe to the list would be able to help Mitel
with specific issues. Even better if the list indicated which issues Mitel
are actively engaged in pursuing and which are in the queue.

Such a list, perhaps without the activity status, should be simple to
extract from the tracking system, little effort to publish, with
considerable positive affect upon the morale of the list.

As things currently stand, it certainly seems that Mitel are not interested
in either A) community support in developing release schedules and feature
sets, or B) community support in refining (ie, developing) code and
solutions for upcoming releases. As open source goes, Mitel's approach is
somewhat closed. It appears devinfo is target more at developing contribs
than developing core product.

That is Mitel's choice, of course, and I'm neither denigrating nor promoting
it. It is simply an observation. I believe Mitel would be happier if devinfo
would pick a project that does not exist in the current core product, and
develop that project into a well-tuned contrib. For example, a development
contrib (hopefully in blade format, should Mitel ever document the blade
interface <hint>) that would load the required compilers, headers, et al. Or
an advanced administration contrib that would provide things like multiple
email account management and firewall management and service control (at the
functionality level rather than the service level.)

Maybe that was 0.03 worth...

Scott