Gordon Rowell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I disagree with this assertion. You sell add-ons to the SME Server which
> require some features of Obtuse SMTPD. Some of your customers are unable
> to upgrade as your commercial packages are not compatible with mailfront
> and mailfront does not currently have the features you depend upon.

Gordon, you are completely incorrect.  Please check your facts.  My Obtuse
SMTPD contrib is and always has been GPL:

http://myezserver.com/downloads/mitel/contrib/smtpdcheckrules-0.0.1/

----------------------
Author: Darrell May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Contributor:
Release supported: e-smith 4.x, SME 5.x
Last updated: February 15, 2002

mail into the server if the domain name is correct.  This means mail is
permitted in even if the username is invalid or the user has been
removed/deleted. This may cause excessive bounce errors to the postmaster.

This rpm updates the smtpdcheckrules templates to block external
e-mail coming into the server to non-valid usernames.  Only mail to
valid usernames is accepted.

There is a substantial user base using and benefiting from this contrib.
Take a moment to search your own forums for 'smtpdcheckrules' and you'll see
this is important to many.  Here is the most latest thread:

http://www.e-smith.org/bboard/read.php?f=1&i=20280&t=20280

I am simply asking if we can work together to build something similar for
SME 5.5/5.6 & mailfront. Let's solve this deficiency.

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com