On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Peter Samuel wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, James Robertson wrote:
>

> > I've been trying to create a customised installer CD, and as far as i
> > can see, it looks like the copy of genhdlist must have been modified to
> > look in e-smith/RPMS, instead of RedHat/RPMS
> >
> > Is this correct, or have i missed an option here?
>
> Absolutely correct (I did the mods).

My mistake. I modified dmphdlist so that it would look in
e-smith/base/hdlist first and fall back to RedHat/base/hdlist. dmphdlist
is the reader part of the genhdlist/dmphdlist pair. genhdlist creates
the binary file hdlist and dmphdlist reads the file and displays its
contents in human readable form.

genhdlist is part of anaconda and it can be found in

    ftp.e-smith.org:/pub/e-smith/current/SRPMS/anaconda-7.0.1-163es.src.rpm

I've put the dmphdlist SRPM in

    ftp.e-smith.org:/pub/e-smith/contrib/PeterSamuel/SRPMS/dmphdlist-7.1-02.src.rpm

It should be available for download within the hour.

> Send me another mail tomorrow and I'll put up the SRPMS on ftp.e-smith.com
> (you'll need to send me the reminder otherwise I will forget).

Surprise, surprise! I remembered all by myself :)

--
Regards
Peter

"If you kill all your unhappy customers, you'll only have happy ones left"