"Greg J. Zartman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Crew,
>
> I've been working on a centralize file repository/library for my shop
> for about a of weeks now.

Installed on SME5.6B7.  Here is what I get when viewing
http://domain.com/test/fileshare

Software error:
Failed to Open Directory in subroutine ScanDir <br> at
/opt/indexer/indexer.pl line 334.

> As part of this process I converted the
> Lophty Directory Indexer to perl and configured it to operate as a
> drop-in replacement for the apache indexer (I also added a few
> enhancements).

Also, I've used the lophty indexer in the past.  I now prefer Shad Lord's
indexer much better:

http://lordsfam.net/downloads/production/dirindexer-1.0/

> /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd graceful.  Is this the correct way to be
> restarting httpd?

There are a few ways:

/sbin/e-smith/expand-template /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd gracefull
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd-e-smith gracefull

/etc/e-smith/events/actions/actions/conf-httpd
/etc/e-smith/events/actions/restart-httpd-full
/etc/e-smith/events/actions/restart-httpd-graceful

/sbin/e-smith/signal-event ibay-modify-servers

> I'm going to be working towards rolling this into something like the
> webshare project

Some further questions:

1) What are your intended design goals?
2) Which goals does the webshare project already meet?
3) Which goals does it not?
4) There are a large number of existing file share projects available.  Have
you looked at any of them?  Did you find any close to your design goals?

Darrell May
DMC myEZserver.com
http://myEZserver.com