Thanks, for the additional info.

-Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: John Powell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 9:59 AM
To: Nathan Price
Cc: e-smith-devinfo
Subject: RE: [e-smith-devinfo] Custom ISO modifying RPMs

Nathan,

You will also find more verbose details in the doc located on
www.rpm.org.  "RPM at Idle", and definitely "Maximum RPM", have more
details on specifics of RPM building.  I know I have found excellent
details on diff, as it applies to RPM building specifically, there.

Check out: http://www.rpm.org/RPM-HOWTO/build-it.html  there is a little
more detail than Charlie's doc there.

I will say, once you get the details down, you will probably end up
referring to Charlie's howto as a reference.  I like Charlie's concise
doc, plus his excellent quick steps on building in your home directory
(not root in /usr/src).  I usually only mod my RPMs every couple of
months, so always go back to his doc as a reference for the things that
have slipped my mind.

JP

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 18:40, Charlie Brady wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Nathan Price wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the info about PreReq and Requires.  But, more on the
> > patch files.
> >
> > Make a patch file containing your changes:
> >
> >      diff -ruN BUILD/e-smith-pkg-0.3-{3,4} > \
> >        SOURCES/e-smith-pkgs.fixes.20000815001
> >
> > I have read this howto before but, it doesn't explain how to make a
> > patch file.
>
> It doesn't "explain", but it does *show* you exactly how to do it.
>
> --
> Charlie Brady                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Lead Product Developer
> Network Server Solutions Group
> Mitel Networks Corporation      http://www.mitel.com/smallbusiness
> Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175
>

> --
> Please report bugs to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Please mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] (only) to discuss security issues
> Support for registered customers and partners to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Searchable archive at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org

Support for registered customers and partners to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To