I have put together an rpm package of the GeneWeb genealogy database and
web server for E-Smith/SME version 5.6, along with a HOWTO for
installation and getting started.

It may work on earlier versions (5.2, 5.5), but I haven't tested it on
either of these.

For those who need to know what GeneWeb is before going to my site for
information, check out http://www.cristal.inria.fr/~ddr/GeneWeb/

if you're curious as to what it looks like on an e-smith server, my site
will reflect the HOWTO for the next day or two, before I modify the ibay
- http://www.cusick.ws/geneweb/ to reflect my original install on my old
server.

If you want to download the package, you will need to register and
login. I know that some people find this somewhat irritating, but I pay
for my bandwidth and money is tight right now. This ensures that only
truly interested people will use the bandwidth, and as well, it gives me
a way to accurately track how many people are interested in my
continuing to offer the rpm and maintain the rpm and HOWTO document.

And besides, it takes about 5 minutes. Info on registering is available
at the FAQs link on the front page at http://www.cusick.ws

Let me know also if the e-smith dev group would like me to email a copy
of the sgml doc.

Regards,

John Cusick