Cyrus,

A couple of things

1/ this needs a tidy up

JAVA_PATH=

 and set the path to

/usr/java/j2re<version number>/bin

So the line should look like this:

JAVA_PATH=/usr/local/j2re<version number>/bin

second JAVA_PATH should read /usr/java/ not /usr/local/  could confuse some
people.

2/ Perhaps a warning that netprobe places the eth port in promiscuous mode.
I ran netprobe last night on eth1 (external port) and in the space of an
hour had generated over 1meg in DNS (port 53) traffic. That is 720 megs of
extra traffic per month. Could be a bit of a surprise for those who may be
running traffic limited DSL or cable.

Apart from that it is a very nice how-to and application.

Jon Blakely
Computer Troubleshooters - Howick
New Zealand
+64 21 232 6419