Des,

> I was very interested when I saw Brian High's Plone announcement last
> month. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play with it until now. I
> have it running on my test box, but noticed a message in the log that
> python 2.2 was not supported, so decided to try to build a python 2.1 RPM
> for 5.6.

Given that Python 2.2 was released in December *2001*, it's rather annoying
to see an app that looks as impressive as Plone still requiring 2.1.

> Can someone shed some light on what is causing the failure? I'm assuming
> I've missed something, but can't really see what that might be. The source
> RPM came from the python.org web site, FWIW.

I previously (before 5.5) rebuilt the 2.2.1 RPMs directly from python.org
without any problem, although at the time I was doing that on a RH 7.1 system.

Unfortunately, Des, I don't have any idea. (Except maybe asking the Plone
developers why they can't work with 2.2! ;-)

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York, Product Line Manager, 6000 Managed Application Server
Mitel Networks Corporation                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]