Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, but is obtuse-smtpd no longer
installed (by default/at all) on versions 5.6 (5.5?) and above?

If it is, I can't find the srpms in the ftp mirrors.

I'm also having a few problems finding an authorative change list which
mentions this.Although I probably just missed seeing this in earlier release
notes, they aren't easily locatable.

Would I be correct in then assuming all ingoing and outgoing email is now
handled by qmail only?

Thanks again, and sorry for all the stupid questions.