Craig Foster said...

> As for off-site backups and tape order, there's also the stuggle to get
> end-users to handle something as simple as Even and Odd Week Friday
> tapes. We've done the pretty flow charts, the e-mail reminders, etc, and
> in the end we program the delegated user's calendar to remind them
> exactly which tape goes where...

The simplest multiple tape system, and one which has been used for decades
in the NIX world is...

        Monday
        Tuesday
        Wednesday
        Thursday
        Friday1 Friday2 Friday3 Friday4 Friday5

The only complication from the enduser's point of view is working out
whether today is the first, second, third, fourth, or fifth Friday in the
month. I haven't had a single user foul this procedure up yet.

Ed Form