Methinks this is gonna be a love-hate thing...

I like the fact that laptop users can set their own ISP's SMTP connection,
but when there in an office - it's sent using the local smtp server.
It takes the worry out of mobile people's e-mail profiles

By the same token, it does make diagnosing someone elses mail server
problems that bit more difficult, especially as some ISPs are now blocking
port 25 traffic to servers other than through their own. (it's a question of
at what point is it my choice....)

It's a new fragment :-
/etc/e-smith/templates/etc/rc.d/init.d/masq/35SMTPProxy

Create a blank version in
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/rc.d/init.d/masq/35SMTPProxy

And /sbin/e-smith/expand-template /etc/rc.d/init.d/masq

Regards,

Craig F.

<snip>