SME Ideas

Hi i am the owner of a networking and support company. I set up networks
in my geographical area and for the most part they are SME servers. I
don't know how many of you out there are in the same situation as I am
but SME is a big part of my revenue.

Now that we have creative control over this amazing product I have a few
ideas. The sme servers I build are very different from the stock iso. As
I am sour many of you modify and add to yours as well to customize it to
your needs.

Whit I think we should do and I will be willing to be part of the
prose's is make many flavors of SME. For example.

SME Web and email server: This would de designed to be in a DMZ. It
would have things like os-comerse, AWStats, php and mysqul admin tools.
Groupware like twiggi and multiple mail drop. It would not have things
like printer support vpn support etc.

SME Domain Controller: This would have more robust dhcp options, more
advanced Samda, It would not have web pages and email support.

SME Classic: What you download from mitel.

SME Security: Port forwarding etc a bit like smoothwall. But can pass
through pptp traffic without so much work.

SME Advanced: This would mix all the versions into one super server.

This would let everyone benefit from the contribs out there. It would
save a lot of time in server setup and complexity. We would identify the
needs of the server and add contribs ass needed. Ideally we would want
it to be all administrated with the web browser if we can.

I am willing to be an active participant in this project. I have and can
build custom sme iso's. (I am no wiz but I can do it) I am also willing
to be part of the management side of things.

What do you think.

Sorry for my spelling English is not my first language.

David Drysdale
Owner
(506) 454-1009