I always felt that the Mitel phorum + mail system was much cleaner.
Messages on a mailing list tend to become unreadable beause of the
numerous levels of quotes.

This is only the case when people don't quote properly.

This message is a prime example of what I
mean :-)

Indeed. The previous message clearly displayed improper quoting. What is exceedingly annoying is when folks place a two sentence response at the bottom of a three page post. Very poor use of a mailing list. Kind of like hunting for easter eggs.

In other words, I'd love to see the old phorum + mail system back in
place.

It is my understanding that the contrib folks are still working on configuring Phorum. I believe the plan is to have phorum + email working again in short order.

With that said, I will say that I disagree that forums are more productive than mailing lists. This may be the case if one only wishes to frequent a list or two. However, if a person subscripts to multiply lists, forums tend to be very time consuming to browse and participate in. With a mailing list, you can simply setup mail sort rules to sort incoming posts to given mail folders. A person can then respond to posts at one's leasure either off or online, by simply hitting the email respond button. Very nice.

Regards,

Greg Zartman

Michiel

Ed Form