On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 16:39, Rich Lafferty wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 03:16:12PM -0600, Jason Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > To clarify, my only intention with creating the channel was to have a
> > place to casually chat with other users of the E-Smith/SME distro. If it
> > is wanted I can just let the channel lapse.
>
> I think it sounds like a good idea; after all, freenode's mandate is to
> supply IRC services for open-source projects. It's nice to be able to
> jump on and work on things in real-time on an open protocol; it's even
> nicer, in my experience, to talk about things with other developers that
> are completely unrelated to the project, building up the social side of
> things.

I think its a great idea. I had no idea that there was one there before
now.

I regularly drop in to the Ada and tiki channels there. Sometimes a
quick answer or pointer to some ideas gets a much faster response than a
mailing list. Each venue has its own uses.

Also I'm assuming that the chat site on contribs.org is a web chat?  I
must have missed the announcement!  I'll have to check it out,

Regards,

John C.