On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 06:54:10AM -0500, SiliconZealot wrote:

> [...]
Some sort of way to make finding the IP address easier seems reasonable.
But since most users are on dynamic IPs, we need to provide automatic ARKs or
dyndns for the untechnical masses... and then there's the issue of
whether we want to try to detect whether we have full internet
connectivity (i.e. accept connections)... and then there's the eternal
uptime issue - most nontechnical people don't run their home computers
24x7. Mostly this is a windoze, UI issue and therefore Mat Ryden's
domain :). How technical we assume unix users to be is another
question...

--
Matthew Toseland
Freenet/Coldstore open source hacker.