On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 10:54:48PM +0100, Anonymous wrote:
> Ian Clarke wrote:
> > Cool, let us know when you are done.
> > Ian.
>
> no, u do not understand me very well...
> I'll not do anything!

Thanks for spoofing my email address, troll.

> I'm saying that the choice of Java was a mistake since the begin.
Maybe it was. We're stuck with it unless we want to take a year or two
out from developing freenet to port freenet.

> anyway I think it's not so painful a port from java to c
> and it could be done with an automatic translator like JCC
The code generated would be legible/maintainable? Realistically we are
looking at a semi-automated port to C++, but _even then_ we would need a
whole lot of new or rewritten code, and we would not get the magical
performance benefits that are typically attributed to rewriting in a
more sane language. And we'd need somebody actively maintaining it on
each supported platform (Windows being the main problem here).

--
Matthew Toseland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]