On Tuesday 10 June 2003 09:18 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Could we improve this by nodes sendding out a signal to all their peers
> saying "I'm going down ..."?

It sounds potentially useful, and I can't think of any major attacks based on
it -- because if you want to deny service to some nodes, it's easier just to
drop/reject/delay/slowstream their queries.

And if you could say "I expect to be down for the next NNNNN seconds", nodes
could maybe even use it to set a backoff.

The only thing I'm thinking is, is it really a good idea to broadcast anything
to all points, even if it's only to a depth of 1?

--hobbs

--

Flame me if I'm being stupid, but don't ignore me.