If my memory serves me correctly, we currently select the first step in
routing at random as a security measure.

Translating this over to NGrouting, I suggest that for the first hop in
a request, instead of using the RTE to estimate the per-key request time
estimate, we use a random number between the minimum and maximum points
in the RTE for that node.

This introduces randomness into the first step - but without ignoring
other issues such as connection failures, QRs, and DNF liklihoods.

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke                                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Coordinator, The Freenet Project              http://freenetproject.org/