Ok, let's start again.

1.  You CAN change the storesize using the Config page.  What makes you
think you cannot
2.  You MUST enter storesize in Megabytes.  You cannot enter, e.g. "28G"
(meaning: 28 Gigabytes) because the entry field is numeric only.  Any
storesize you want to set up must be entered in megabytes.  So instead of
entering "28G", enter "28000".
3.  You CAN enter storeSize=28G into freenet.ini/freenet.conf.  This is
because freenet.ini/freenet.conf are just text files.  Freenet understands
what 28G means.  The Config dialog on Windows does not.
4.  The FIRST time you run the Config dialog on Windows, after a fresh
install, the storesize that appears is calculated as the minimum of (256,
free disk space/10).  That's in megabytes too.  It's not a random number

5.  If it looks like your storesize is varying wildly and unpredictably,
and/or you cannot change the value using the config utility and/or
freenet.ini/freenet.conf then this is a bug and should be reported as
such, and then it will be fixed.